Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Miracles and BloodSludge

Well, I asked for it and I got it. Dear God, I said...please, please....take away this pain in my back. And poof: I got a recommendation to see a therapist who waves his magic machine over my ass (lower lumber and sacrum) and Voila! my bone crunching back pain is gone! Gone I say! Gone!

What is this magical machine, you ask? Something wonderful that the Russian space program invented years ago that shoots electrical impulses into your site of pain to reorient your nerves to go in a new path....a lovely path....the yellow brick road back to your spinal column, merrily humming a new tune of freedom and painlessness.  I am amazed. Almost 5 days later, and still...no pain. It's a miracle. And what I get I keep. I won't lose this progress... I'll only build on it.

So now I can run....jump, hop....do jarring, liberating, twisting, turning, skipping exercises! Vive La Eryn!

But, alas...yes....a shoe has dropped. The other shoe. And it's the by-product of the miracle. Dr. Painless took this lovely machine and dragged it over my "enteric system" to detox my liver and gallbladder. Oooh, lovely...I love to get detoxed, I thought! But little did I know how sludgy my blood really was. Ohmigosh, by the time I got out to the parking lot from his office my tonsils were swollen with the workload of pulling and processing all the offensiveness out of my circulatory system. And now...yes, 5 days later, I'm still on my back with a pseudo cold, draining from my nose and lethargic from the Herculean job my body is doing with this toxic dump in my blood.

Poor Eryn's body...so dirty inside, and who would have known. But I'm not upset. No, I'm actually rejoicing....because I'll be that much cleaner when this whole thing is done. And I'll take my lovely pain-free back and go skipping off to the gym.

We're still human. Sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment