Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Birth Canal of the Times

Last night, during the Skype meeting at had with The Red Door team, we talked about how these last couple of years and a few more in front of us are feeling like the birth canal into a new era. God is putting the squeeze on us....the economy sucks, the Earth is pissed off at us, and many of us are out of work. Everything is being reevaluated. I'm excited....it means that we're about to be reborn pretty soon, into a much better world.

But for now, it's still this pressure-filled, highly uncomfortable birth canal. Most days I don't even realize we're here because I'm slipping through with little to no effort. Life is good. I'm really happy these days. But other times I get a reminder of what's going on for the "whole". It seems as though disease and illness, of all kinds, is ramping up in unprecedented ways. Cancer is now as common as a cold. Can you believe that? Cancer is as common as a cold. And my aunt, just in her early 40s, will be going into a doctor's appointment today to find out what sort of MS she has. The whole family is on pins and needles. I'm not really...I'm trusting that this is all happening as it should, for some reason that we can't understand right now. But nevertheless, she's terrified of being told that she'll have a disease that may put her in a wheelchair someday.   And my chiropractor told me that even MS is becoming a common diagnosis.   Common.
This crazy. Cancer and MS should be rare, not common!

And today I go into the doctor as well. Last year I had high-risk cervical displaysia and LEAP procedure to slice off a little piece of my unhappy cervix. Today I go in for a check-up to see if I've got a clean bill of health or not. I've heard so many stories of my female friends getting cervical cancer at my age that I'm just a little nervous as well. This is starting to become......common.

I'll also have my IUD removed, which is supposed to be a very happy and momentous occasion. It means that Dave and I are getting ready to get preggers. We need about 3 months for my womb to get back to it's normal PH before we try, but it's time now for that little piece of offensive copper to be gone. I've had too many people tell me how bad it was for me to begin with.

So it's a bit of a somber day. I can't muster up the normal enthusiasm I normally have for my BodyProject,which seems a bit self-centered right now. But the facts are good....I'm still dropping weight and this morning I discovered a new line....a long lovely dent down the front of my abdominals that indicates there truly is potential for a 4-pack in there. All those sit-ups are paying off. And I'm almost down a whole size.

Life is good. I'll trust in the old adage that God doesn't give us anything we're not strong enough to handle. My Aunt, who has been like a sister to me.....she'll be fine. No matter what the outcome. And so will I. So will we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment