Monday, December 14, 2009

Interceding on my own behalf ~

Family Reunion July 2008 ~ 284 Pounds
Holiday Party 12/13/09 ~ 246.4 Pounds

Consider the postage stamp:
its usefulness consists in the ability to stick
to one thing till it gets there.
~Josh Billings

Results for Week Ten
Starting Weight Oct. 5th: 257.2
Last Week Nov. 30: 248.8
Week Nine 12/7/09
This morning: 246.4
-.8 pounds

Hi all. I find myself in a very familiar place mentally and emotionally. I have certainly been here before. At a certain stage of results, I begin to contemplate the following conversations - "Why am I doing this again?" "This is frigging hard?" "Couldn't I just take a pill or something?" "I have so FAR TO GO!! [boohoo]".

You get the idea. What I have never considered before is interceding on my own behalf. If a friend of mine was dealing with this, I would have the following conversation with them. Below is Myself coaching me ; )

Ok... Shoshanna. I know you feel like you have hardly moved yourself from start to
anywhere that matters. But that is just a conversation in your head. You feel and
look differently. Your clothes fit differently. Your flexibility and strength are increasing.

Just think about it -
Were you getting up 5-7 days a week exercising before? No...
Could you run 3.5 miles straight 10 weeks ago? No..
Did reaching goal weight seem possible before? No...

Well if you aren't sure look at some damn pictures. Get into reality. Acknowledge the big and
small victories. (See pics above). You can see your neck. You got cheek bones. Your
skin looks luminous.

Yes, you would like to be at goal right now. But you're not. Take a moment and focus
on the Why?! Instead of focusing on the What and The How. When you get too focused
on the end result and all of the work it will take, it doesn't empower you so don't focus on
that.

So... After that great conversation with myself (hehehe), what I am really reminded of are
all of my goals. Feeling good everyday. Walking into my doctor's office and being a "healthy"
BMI for the first time in my life. Running a half-marathon, full marathon, or a triathlon
(Spring length). Being able to shop anywhere I want. Being able to talk with my mom
about something else. Wearing a regular swim suit. Most of all - I can feel what it would
be like to knowing myself as a courageous person. Cause not only did I accomplish my goal,
but I had the opportunity to inspire others to live healthy.

Who knows?! Skinny Bitches could start a revolution of healthy people who both reached
their health goals and realized they weren't fixing something, but instead where transforming
something mind, Body, and Spirit one moment a time.

[sigh]

Thank you for reading. For this week,I am taking on mileage in my runs now. I am
going to focus on nutrition this week. My 5-a day (fruit and veggies), water, taking
my multi-vitamin, and sleeping 8 hours a night.

Blessings all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment