Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Help? Is Muscle Really Heavier than Fat?

This blog is an inquiry to my readers... I need some answers from any of you who have experience in the gym. I can't get the damn scale to budge, but my body seems like it's changing every day! It's so confusing and discouraging at the same time. I work out SIX TIMES A WEEK, I pump iron three times a week, I'm sore every day (the good kind of sore) and I can feel a HUGE difference in my muscle tone. I can even see it...my arms are getting slimmer, my butt is getting perkier...but the scale is just hovering in the same general spot that it was when I started.

I need to understand the biology of what I'm doing. I'm eating maybe HALF of what I used to eat. My diet has cleaned up considerably and even in the last week I tried going down to nothing but protein shakes and vegetables...but hardly any change on the scale. I'm working out harder than ever, eating less...feeling good, but weighing about the same.  Just frustrating!  I've heard from others that when you first start working out (especially for women) you'll notice that you get thicker. But how long is this going to last?

On another note, Michelle (the perky neighbor) has me signed up for another Challenge at Gold's Gym. I've got 12 weeks to compete...before pictures, after pictures and a chance to a win a few thousands dollars. Today I go in for my "before" photos and measurements, so I'll compare those to the measurements from when I started to see if there's been a change.

This has been so much fun...frustrating, but really fun!

1 comment: