Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dieter 101 - Stick to the plan

DIETER'S 101 ~ Stick to the plan

My mom has a saying - "Diets work great... if you follow them." For me that has been the sticking point. Can I sustain a healthy consistent diet until the time I have reached a healthy "doctor-happy" weight. I have gained and lost a lot of weight over my lifetime.

So the question I asked myself before doing this again (hello serial dieter) was "Is Weight Watchers, exercise, and my lap band combo something I am willing to do the rest of my life". The answer I got intuitively was yes. So.. the plan is clear and has begun.

Well wouldn't you know that the first week of my Skinny Bitches game I would attend a birthday party feast. If you haven't ever done Moroccan, I recommend it. Good food. Anyway they serve 5 courses. Seriously a lot of good food all family style. The kind of meal where you could eat a crap load and no one notices. For an old school compulsive overeater like me, it is tempting to ditch the diet and partake. Well I did what any girl who is going to lose 90+ pounds would do. I kept track of what I ate (the best I could) avoided the bread cause that makes me ill and then wrote it down immediately afterwards.

So now the results... BTW my shoe size will change. A friend of mine lost 120 pounds and she went from a 9 1/2 to a 7 1/2 shoe size. Don't know if it will change or not, but wanted to say it all.

October 10, 2009
Previous Weight 10/5 - 257.2pounds
10/10 Weigh In - 251.8 pounds
5.4 pound weight loss
Only 96.8 pounds to go!!

**Remember nothing tastes as good as being thing feels**
I heard this at Weight Watchers. They say at the end of every meeting.


1 comment:

  1. Did I read that right - you lost almost 6 pounds in a week? OMG - you go girl - congrats! Remember that feeling good is the key to weight loss. Hee hee hee ... always trying to push my friends towards more pleasure. :-)

    ReplyDelete