Monday, October 19, 2009

For great results exercise Or Adventures in Bikeland

Well it is Monday night and I am completely bushed. My mom and I had a little adventure in bicycle land. We rode from her house in Aurora to Cherry Creek Reservoir. It was so beautiful. It was 80 degrees with a cool breeze. We saw so many trees that had turned red and gold. Plus it is a state park, bird sanctuary, and nature reserve. All the flora and fauna is native. Even though it is right in the middle of a city, it feels like I am out on the prairie.
The adventure part is coming. Read on please.

From my mom's house, it is only 6 1/2 miles there. Once we got to the park, we rode around the lake as far as you can go without going on the dam road ; ). Seriously that is what it is called. Going around the lake is another 3 miles. We then turned around to head back. We took the same way we went. So another 3 miles. If you have lost track of the math, by this time we had ridden 12 1/2 miles. Not a bad ride and then we would ride the remaining 6+ miles home. While climbing a brutally steep hill (well it was brutally steep to me anyway), my mom says 'Sho, I think your back tire is flat?!'

After chug-a-lugging up the hill, we stop. I notice that not only is my back tire completely flat, but my front tire is flat and filled with thorns as well. ARGH! Darn thorns. Well being the resourceful women we are, we found a very nice man (Frank Thornton) with an RV. He had a compressor and filled both tires. Being smart, my 130-pound mom rode my bike instead. We had a hope that the tires would last longer that way. NOT!! Did I mention that she is 5'4" and I rode her bike instead. I think my earlobes are still bruised.

Fast forward about ten minutes ---> FLAT. So we just decided that best thing to do was walk our bikes back to mom's house. Did I mention it is 7 miles to her house? So today I went on a 12 1/2 mile bike ride and 7 mile walk rolling half pulling a bicycle with two very flat tires. It was probably the most sweaty, hard, surprising, and fun thing I have done with my mom in a long while. I haven't ridden my bike where those stupid thorns are since I was a teenager. I forgot about those fu*&ers...

Results Week 2
Starting Weight: 257.2
Last Week Weight: 251.8
This mornings weight in: 249.4

Grand Total So Far
8.4 pounds of Excess body fat removed!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY YOU! Don't forget your secret weapon, which if utilized is as effective as Eryn's hCG. I am willing to talk anytime - ANYTIME - with cheering and tips! GO SHO!

    ReplyDelete