Monday, November 9, 2009

The Joy of Movement




Joy  Of Movement


"The greatest trick and most subtle secret to doing anything really, really well, Shoshanna, is loving that you get to do it at all.




And I'm pleased to say, you get to - 
    The Universe"
*Notes from the Universe by 
Mike Dooley






My joy this week... was movement - Yoga, Dance, and weight lifting. I feel good!


Week 5 11/09/09
Starting Weight 10/05/09: 257.2
Last Week: 251.4
This Morning: 249.4
- 2.0 pounds


I have the temptation to just say "Good Job Sho". But I am willing each week to dig a bit deeper and say what worked and what didn't inside of success and failure. I am going to use this journey full up!


So why the success this week?


Food:
What Worked? 
I paid attention to making good choices while not denying myself. I bought some Marshmallow Lover's hot cocoa. It got rid of my sweet tooth in the afternoon for only 120 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. It was a good choice. Typically when I crave chocolate, I have some and the fat is really high. Hot cocoa gets rid of my craving and is only 2 points versus 4 or 5 points for not much chocolate.


What didn't worked? 
I had a lot of erasure this week. (For those of you who haven't heard me talk about the side effects of having the Lap Band, email or facebook me and I will explain). I wanted to pretend that I didn't have the band this week and eat things that I know will get stuck. I ate a breadstick (olive garden), a tortilla, part of a biscuit. There are things that I should avoid mostly bread, certain kinds meats, certain fruits, and drinking after eating (BAD IDEA). I notice the kid inside fighting with my commitment. It was comical and would have been more funny had I not felt so sick. The best plan is for me to eat the right kind of proteins with veggies. It works best with my tool. ; )




Exercise:
What didn't work?
The only thing that didn't work about exercise this week was # of times I actually made it downstairs to accomplish it. My game is 7 days a week (I created a big game to push myself). I accomplished 4 days. Not bad, but just 57% of the game. 


What worked?
So much this week worked about movement. I added back in Yoga. Yeah! love it love it love it. I am noticing my movement in general is becoming more free and strong. 


Unrelated Victory??
I sometimes get frustrated and annoyed with people. That is a new thing for me. No, I mean I got frustrated with people before but I didn't feel it. I was numb. I was full, numb, and heavy. In the last year since getting the lap band and starting this journey, I can actually feel. I watch my anger starting in my gut boiling like Old Faithful.  It makes its way up to my throat where it wants to burst out of me like a fireball from a dragon's mouth. ARGH!! You might consider being angry not a victory, but for me, it is a new feeling. A welcome feeling. It is correlated to being alive!


So... I ask you to consider have you ever used food instead of feeling. Have you ever watched someone else use food (or something else) to not feel? 


Please add comments and if you read this and are not adding comments, then I don't know you are reading it. Please let me know. 


Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment