Monday, November 30, 2009

The last 8 and next 12



OMG
IT HAS BEEN 8 WEEKS

I didn't make my goal!
What the heck!?!?
What am I doing??
Gotta get my arse in gear!
Man this is so hard.
Will I ever get there??
---fill in the blank--??

I would like to introduce you to my inner defeater, Nadine. She is sassy and impatient. She has been my inner voice for many diets over the last 20 years. Depending on the day, she can sound just like a disapproving mother, a drill sergeant or a 3 year old right before melt down. You know that little voice. It either makes me wrong for failing or it validates how hard losing weight is and helps me justify quitting.

It might sound crazy to give a name to that little voice. Anyone ever seen Sybil ?? But for me, calling that voice Nadine is a helpful reminder that the voice isn't me. I have the ability to create anything in my life. So Instead of beating myself up or linking arms with Nadine and proving how hard it is, I am adding in another support structure to keep me playing and keep me honest. Plus I am going to acknowledge the success of the last 2 months.

I have lost 8.4 pounds. That is an average of 1 pound a week. Not a bad result. More than the weight loss, I feel good. I have been working out an average of 4 times a week. I am able to run up the stairs in our house without getting winded at all. I feel more flexible after my 2 times a week yoga habit. My resting pulse is now 19. Not bad. So going forward??

My new support structure? I started the Fitness Game today. I am WAY EXCITED!! The Fitness Game is a transformational health program that deals with not only what to do to lose weight, but it also deals with beliefs that have you either win or lose. Part of the program is playing a 12 week on the court game. Included for support is a team (one of my teammates is my fiancee), a coach, and a scoreboard. My goal is to average 2 pounds lost a week. Here we go!!

Have a great week and I look forward to reporting next Monday on the game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment