Thursday, November 12, 2009

This week was a victory. I danced! I went running, more than once! I've done yoga consistently, every day! And my back feels SO SO So much better! My buddy Cory came to visit for the weekend and we went dancing...the picture is me (double chin and all) up on the go-go box trying to get the crowd riled up. The picture makes it look like I'm the only one dancing...but everyone else was doing the white man's shuffle, too. :) I'm down a 1/2 pound since last week...which is good since Cory and I ate everything in site for 5 days. But I think I didn't gain a bunch of weight because I really did get excited to start cooking with healthy ingredients again. I busted out the ole recipes from when I was married to an Indian...and made a chicken curry that was pretty damn good. I made a lot of whole grains instead of processed grains, and we had a yummy salad for a couple of meals. So we ate well, but didn't eat crap. That made a difference. Eating healthy is so much more fun than counting calories. I can be enrolled by that...and I have so much more fun cooking when my goal is to make "health nut" food taste good. Heck, we even figured out a way to accommodate Cory's request for breakfast burritos by using vegan breakfast sausage and organic whole wheat tortillas. They were tasty! So now I'm back! Feeling good about life again, and slowly but surely, weaning myself off of the nightly alcohol to manage back pain.

The biggest victory was yesterday...when Dave actually laid down and did a Gaiam Rodney Yee yoga video with me...it was totally fluffy bunny, but he did every bit of it, and then remarked last night about how good he felt. We managed to go to bed early...and I poured my rum and coke down the sink. To me, that was big. And then, ladies...you know what happens when you go to bed early and you feel good....time for chicka chicka bow wow!!!

1 comment: