Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 8 - Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble

First of all, Thanksgiving sucks when you are on a diet. It's the truth. Who wants to think about calories, fat, and fiber when you are talking mashed potatoes and stuffing. Hello gluttons paradise. Not only is there a TON of food but there is also full permission to eat until You are Stuffed! Forget 2nd helpings. Go for the 3rd or 4th helpings. Eat until you are so full that it is nap time. Then wake up and eat some more.

Check out this article about holiday weight gain. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/news/releases/holidayweightgain.cfm

ICK! I was not committed to having my typical Thanksgiving meal. I made a deal with myself that I could eat what I wanted as long as I ate only one plate worth (not including desert) and was active right after the meal. So I had one plate worth and the temptation proved too great. I went back for more cranberry salad and mashed potatoes. But I still went and played soccer with 3 kids and my fiancee for 30 minutes. It was a blast! Running after the kids and the ball.

All in all, I woke up this morning feeling really good about my choices. Went out to eat like 4 times with Thanksgiving tossed in there made for a challenging week for me food wise, but overall I felt good. Victory. See Results below.

Starting Weight Oct. 5th: 257.2
Last Week Nov. 23: 250
Week Eight 11/30/09
This morning: 248.8
-1.2 pounds

Have a good week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment