Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Transforming Failure - you mean I have to fail ARGH!

WAHHHHHHHH!!! I gained weight!!!

Starting Weight Oct. 5th: 257.2
Last Week Nov. 15: 246.6
Week Seven 11/23/09
This morning: 250
+3 pounds

Where to start? Well let's just say that after stepping on the scale I got totally ticked off at myself. I had brought the scale with me to the mountains so I could keep my promise (weigh myself on Monday and then blog about it). My fiancee's family was up in the mountains for a family gathering and Thanksgiving celebrations. It was a beautiful house btw. Unfortunately, the internet access in the house didn't work, and after I had gained weight, I wasn't in a big hurry to arrange something. Of course I can see that if I had spoken with Steven about the results and recommitted to the game, that would have helped.

Anyway. In looking back over the last week, I can see where there were failures. I can also see there were victories along the way. In my fashion, I will account for both. I appreciate having this method of accountability. I can't lie though. I would much rather have written about how I lost weight than how I gained. AND I do understand that I have a total say about how it goes. I definitely not a victim of chocolate chip cookies even though they begged for my participation and told me that without ice cream why bother.

Exercise -- VICTORY!!
I worked out for Seven days in a row. I went for a run on Saturday morning. I ran for 45 minutes. I was actually running hard enough to get a stitch in my side and be out of breath (Wahoo). I also did a work out at altitude (10,000 feet high) in Breckinridge. I brought my workout gear to the family gathering. I put on a one of my favorite Denise Austin tapes and got to work. I was seriously proud of myself for playing that part of the game this last week. I had my attention on it everyday. I was thinking about it and accounting for it daily.

Food -- Took my attention off of this
While working out so much, I got hungry. AND... I ate a lot (clearly). I tracked what I ate for two days and then stopped. For me out of sight is out of mind. If I don't write down what I eat, I am not tracking it. Gotta use the tools. While away on the family thanksgiving weekend, I ate lots of things I don't normally eat and ate them in unconscious portions.

What now... well I am still up for the same game. I sat down this morning and figured out roughly what I ate on Monday and Tuesday. All I got to say is WOW. When I stop tracking, I really stop tracking. I have written down what I have eaten today and am upping my water intake.

Starting on Monday of next week, I am starting the Fitness game. I have a scoreboard, a coach, and three other team members. Plus I am putting some $$ on it. More to come on that.

The game this week is really to keep my eye on both. Exercise and Food. I look forward to updating you on the Victories.

Have a great turkey day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment